The Ottawa Art Association
Ottawa's oldest art group, established in 1918. The OAA welcomes artists working in a range of media: Watercolour, Acrylic, Oils, Pastels, Mixed Media, Graphite, Ink, Charcoal, Stained Glass and Painting on Silk.
We welcome you to become a member of this vibrant group of artists.
To become a member, please download the Membership Application Form found on the Forms page, print it and mail it with your cheque to the address listed on the form.
The membership year starts on September 1 of each year. The membership renewal date is August 31, please ensure that your membership is renewed by the deadline or it will expire. The membership fee is $30 CDN per year or $50 for a two year period.
Mail your application form to:
OAA Membership coordinator,
c/o Natalie Seymand
17 - 2336 Orient Park
Basic Member Benefits
- Exhibitions at the Nectar Gallery
- Ten newsletters per year filled with OAA and member news, tips and events,
- A dynamic website with members-only features,
- Your personalised gallery page within the OAA website, to help you showcase and promote your art
- Fall Awards Show
- Juried Spring Awards Show
- Social and Networking opportunities to meet other area artists
- Art Workshops
- 10% Discount at DeSerres for art Supplies
- 25% Discount at Art World One for framing
- 15% Discount at Arovita Paints and Pastels
- Free advertising in our newsletter for your own events, shows or exhibitions
To download the Membership Application Form, please visit the Forms page to downloaded from there.
Many hands make light work!
The OAA would like your help ... E-mail the President
We know your time is precious! We promise to provide guidance, direction and reward for your efforts.
- Advertising Coordinator A member to lead and coordinate the advertising efforts of the OAA.
- Awards Show Volunteers A number of members to help the day of the awards show by doing work as directed by the coordinator.
- Gallery Volunteers A number of members to work on transition days at the two OAA galleries as directed by the coordinator.
- Fund Raising Coordinator A member to lead fundraising events and activities, by formulating a plan and overseeing it's implementation.
- Trophy Coordinator A member to collect, engrave and distribute trophies when they are awarded.